Dear SPM experts,

I am updating our labs pre-processing scripts from spm8 to spm12 and am having trouble running batch jobs that previously worked. For example, in realign and unwarp, I use the following line to select input scans

realignUnwarp{1}.spm.spatial.realignunwarp.data.scans = spm_select('ExtFPListRec', pwd, ['00_raw_func_data.nii'], useScans)

And run the job using  spm_jobman ('run', realignUnwarp)

However I get the following error

Item 'Images', field 'val': Value must be either empty, a cellstr or a cfg_dep object
Error using spm_jobman>fill_run_job
No executable modules, but still unresolved dependencies or incomplete module inputs.

Error in spm_jobman
sts = fill_run_job('run', job, varargin{3:end})

I've tried replacing useScans with 1:120 but this doesn't change anything. I've also checked what spm_select is picking up.  It is creating a 120 x 116 character array.  What format does it need to be for spm_jobman and how can I adapt my spm_select code to do the correct input format for spm12?

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide.

Best,
Kristi