Dear Nele,

I recently encountered a similar issue when using the y*.nii deformation field file from CAT12 processing to normalize some fMRI images -- but only when I had forgotten to first coregister the functional images to the native space T1 image. After coregistering the fMRI images with in my case the native space, skull stripped T1, using the deformation field from CAT12 worked well for normalizing the functional images and there were no problems with the writing of the images or header during normalization.

Best wishes,
Kathleen