This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------
To Clara:

Although I don't work in museums any longer, I was the Technician for Salford Museums and Art Galleries from 1979 - 1987. If memory serves (and it doesn't always these days!), there was a doll in the Social History collections who looked very similar to the one you cite in your enquiry and seemed to have been constructed in a similar fashion, using similar materials. I believe that she was / is (?) fondly known as 'Annie' and it might therefore be worth contacting the current staff to obtain 'Annie's' record details. In all probability, the original record would have been created by the then Keeper of Social History, Evelyn Vigeon. Evelyn's now retired and was (doubtless, she still is!) a brilliant social historian who would have done her utmost to create the fullest possible catalogue record for Annie at the time. In fact, one of my fond memories of working with her at Ordsall Hall was to hear the regular tapping of her typewriter (no computers at that time!) when I passed her office door, as she created additions to what already was a voluminous data archive of record cards...

Hope this helps!

With kind regards

Jim Garretts.