The Royal Institution is world-renowned as the home of science and we are now looking for a Masterclass intern to come and join our Masterclass team for a 12 week placement from end of September to December, to  gain experience of maths enrichment activities in an educational setting and STEM communication more generally.

You will focus on supporting the team to administer and deliver the Ri Secondary Maths Masterclass programme on Saturday mornings in various London locations. You will also have the potential opportunity to develop and deliver your own workshops. This is a full-time placement for 12 weeks based in the Ri offices in Mayfair and at Masterclass venues in London and the Southeast. Usual working days for the role are Tuesday to Saturday.

Interested?

For more information about our internship programme and details on individual placements, including a job description, timeframes and how to apply, please follow this link: https://www.rigb.org/about/work-with-us/programme-placements/phd-internships

The closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on Monday 1 July  2019.

Please note, the Ri offers placements for students who are enrolled on a research degree under the Doctoral Training Partnership programme funded by Research Councils including the BBSRC, EPSRC, ESRC, AHRC and NERC.  These opportunities are only open to PhD students who are eligible for a stipend via their DTP/University/research council in order to undertake a 12 week professional internship. Please check with your university that you are able to secure funding before applying.

The role is based in Central London so students will be expected to base themselves within or near to London for the period of the placement. I understand that some funding bodies/DTPs offer expenses for this purpose. The Ri will pay some expenses including travel to Masterclasses.

Any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Becky Poyntz

Human Resources Advisor

Working days- Tuesday to Thursday

Royal Institution, 21 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BS

e: [log in to unmask]

t: 020 7670 2959

www.rigb.org

Support the Ri: become a member or donate today

Join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************