I think it *should* be "the beginning of Janus sanctifies the turn/solstice of Capricorn" - but I'm unsure how this fits with the astrological period of Capricorn beginning on (roughly) 21 Dec and continuing till 3 weeks into January.

Unless present astrologers' astrological month of day 21-day 20 shifted when the calendar did in 1752?

Jane