** APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING **

The Radio Studies Network is looking forward to our forthcoming MeCCSA 2020 conference in Brighton and is hoping to submit a panel proposal, for the consideration of the organisers.
If you are involved in radio studies or related sound/aural research, please read the information below and consider submitting a 'soundful' paper to our RSN CfP by next weekend (28th June).

Thanks and best wishes
Jo Coleman
(Birkbeck, Uni of London)

The Radio Studies Network of MeCCSA is inviting submissions of practice-based abstracts to a ‘soundful’ panel proposal for the MeCCSA 2020 Conference. With the theme of the conference - ’Media Interactions and Environments’ - in mind, we imagine a session that will demonstrate through audio, how ‘our interactions with media are increasingly woven into the textures and cultural politics of our everyday lives’. And we encourage you to address the following: ‘What might be the wider implications of these media and cultural experiences and encounters? Whose voices and perspectives are included or excluded, and how are power and agency reconfigured, realigned and reproduced in this complex media landscape?’ We also hope to consider the environmental role of radio, podcasts and sound art in showing us how ‘to live responsibly and ethically in a politically and ecologically changing world’.

This current RSN Call for Papers requests your submissions for presentations featuring audio, to include:
•	A 250-word abstract
•	A bio of no more than 200 words
•	Any specific technical requirements you may have
•	A sample or link to any supporting audio material
Please also note:
•	Submissions should be sent to RSN only, in the first instance
•	Please assume you will only have a 15-minute slot for your presentation
•	Postgraduates are very welcome to submit
•	Please send your proposal and any queries to Josephine Coleman, Chair MeCCSA RSN, at [log in to unmask] by the end of the day on Friday 28th June
•	The MeCCSA RSN Leadership Team and Steering Group will review the submissions for our panel. You can find out more about us here on our usual channels:
o	http://www.meccsa.org.uk/networks/radio-studies-network/
o	Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meccsa.radio.studies.network/
o	Twitter @RadioStudies
•	We will respond to each submission by the end of the day on Friday 5th July
•	At this point, if your abstract is not accepted by us you may wish to submit directly to the conference http://www.meccsabrighton2020.co.uk/call-for-papers.html (deadline, 15th July)
•	We encourage colleagues to submit other paper proposals about radio, podcasting and audio directly to the organisers at Brighton so that our field can be well represented across the conference schedule
•	Our panel proposal will be peer-reviewed by the MeCCSA conference committee, and as with all other submissions, we will hear whether we have been accepted in September 2019