Hi Glyn,

This sounds like an interesting area of research. I think the move to open data has the potential to reduce the monetary value that might otherwise be offered through this. I’d be interested to hear how your research is looking into this. The creation of a value-proposition through digitization is also an interesting area. It would definitely be good to discuss this further with you.

Thanks,

Romilly

From: Museums Computer Group <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Glyn Hawkins
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Using Digitised collections to support fundraising

Hi Romilly

Your research sounds very interesting.

I am an MSc student at Birkbeck, University of London. I am doing my dissertation on Digital Business Models for Museums.

My research question is ‘How can C21 Museums draw upon innovative business models from industry to create impact and sustainable sources of income through e-commerce?’

I realise that the Smithsonian might be less concerned with the revenue potential of digitalisation, but I think there are inter-related issues around creating a value proposition. I wondered whether it would be interesting for you to discuss directions in this field?

If so, I can email you the project information sheet and we could figure out how to get together.

Kind regards

Glyn