Whether you search with or without inverted commas, the results are identical; the  term 'cat bite' now returns the correct topic at the top, and the 'cat scratch' topic is not even on the first two pages of results. If a search of 'cat bite' did at that time return this irrelevant topic, then UTD was at fault.

The only point I was really making was the 'cautionary tale' one you underline.

Best,

Simon

From: REY, Patricia (QUEEN VICTORIA HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 13 June 2019 10:43
To: Simon Alberici <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: UpToDate in the news...

I bet he didn't search for the phrase "cat bite" using inverted commas. So he actually did a keyword search for cat AND bite. I haven't read the article on cat scratch fever but it's possible that these two words appear in that article and that's why it was retrieved.

It's useful as a cautionary tale to anyone who thinks that searching Google is the answer to everything. You can search Google but you need to discard the irrelevant hits. The junior doctor in this case obviously did not check all results.

Best Wishes

Tricia Rey
Library Services Manager
Queen Victoria Hospital