Good afternoon

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query about supporting SLT colleagues with an electronic system to manage the signing in and out of their assessment packs.

"Would it be possible to have a conversation with you about whether there is an electronic system we could use in clinic bases to sign our assessments in and out? A bit like library books? But they are often stored in bags and cases.
We are currently using a paper based system to sign in and out and it isn't always the most effective thing."

I'm summarising the responses below.

With kind regards

Helen

What about https://librarika.com/? It's supposed to be for books but I suppose you could use it to add other things. We're using it for our new patient library.

No experience here, but what about an app like Slack? That way, people can keep track of who has what through the messaging service.  My other suggestion would be a simple D-Space catalogue, but that might be rather a lot of upkeep for quite a small return.

I'm sure they could get some software but the disadvantage is that because they're multi-site workers, the software would have to be shared. I don't know if something like this would fit the bill http://www.lend-items.com/pricing.html . No endorsement, I just found this using Google.  Presumably they would each need a tablet or smartphone.

Sounds like they need a medical notes system, like the notes libraries use to track patient folders.  I've had a program called Cardbox for years which is very simple but which can be customised with VBScript macro-programs to perform actions automicatically.  I ran a whole issue system with it, using only 2 keystrokes and 2 barcode scans to issue a book   It is now free on the web at www.cardbox.com<http://www.cardbox.com> and would work for them if they can find programming help.

[cid:image001.png@01D4D357.747F43E0]<https://www.hellomynameis.org.uk/>

Helen Swales BA MSc MCLIP
Library Services Manager
Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
Library and Information Services, Stockdale House, Victoria Road,  Leeds, LS6 1PF

Tel: 0113 843 3594
Web: www.leedslibraries.nhs.uk<http://www.leedslibraries.nhs.uk/>

[cid:image002.png@01D4D357.747F43E0]<https://twitter.com/LCH_Library> @LCH_Library<https://twitter.com/LCH_Library>

[cid:image003.png@01D519F6.4D4DEF20]<https://u10347861.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=y8QYMlpLRl-2FCYRGKVgw-2F8nWSjXRt6kQ-2B5NhK6CPQ7IEqsLGVYfl96ezG-2BleyykHV_cnBBvye119SQwWyIMEaVVAbD655tGf6RziGK1DRwgk-2FRsNCsMY71N-2FKgUR1Z2Y3-2FxlHwmsHSVEpbzr5nDLTAmW5Bte3zTAkaX5axRIuPd5MdYcUd4Ut0ZiOgX0YJWwF7xOhTbP8kzAwyHwFopFyrsnLP4AR7-2BtBXoRQ7bKOTierGKCIVA2xYI1XKon5aW2wN-2F1LEqtU3obpDbinucHjuMLeyjn-2FPiXjUldKyk8Xribw-3D>

BMJ Best Practice<https://u10347861.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=Mg8OdmLFZ-2B7ATo9Q0n2K-2Bk6XtWmSo9YoeWw6hSGWUz9Zd8ZQjrDkWsqhXeDctjNC4gU8IBYKOYvMTKjLBS1mDA-3D-3D_cnBBvye119SQwWyIMEaVVAbD655tGf6RziGK1DRwgk-2FRsNCsMY71N-2FKgUR1Z2Y3-2FzIc9ZhsdVKqEVC6hL2Y2ncZhz0iQiW6BhFvy1psLb4wHYITuJ-2Bb9vUPaFhiHxIlDCn6JzkboptYyeGOremh6fIZrxUJJ5IpFCDMkqZs2a55znoo56Ykz-2FLnN1N-2F3Amdqkpk9KNYqYnZzxlPO9Fzoo2CYVzUvaw64RSb2Bdy9Nm4-3D> is a decision support tool for use at the point of care available to all NHS staff. Find out more about this valuable resource here<https://u10347861.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=y8QYMlpLRl-2FCYRGKVgw-2F8lkuYJKF5j06SE1mBohFZ-2FT8CzmMt4kcQwdnkoc5f-2BviOGJr27Eh0we7JNFvf81iJ-2BHwJWZXGo1j6zI7qsQWK44-3D_cnBBvye119SQwWyIMEaVVAbD655tGf6RziGK1DRwgk-2FRsNCsMY71N-2FKgUR1Z2Y3-2Ff9ptCpu8Qzg-2BArmeSDz-2BFJXkh1728M2LNcT4Mtl8XHXlhVBKyyHl0KINK8K-2Bid0dnR3Bmqy6mwuDmaho6bOOvo73YrDMljumaNbIDguuX-2BsSFZQ3DFKAVQL5jRHKtSFnIbkOt6e4YeVrUCRJmdP5OIRe18DG4nZGtN-2BWAHA3kQg-3D>.