Interesting announcement today:

https://www.ukri.org/news/ukri-signs-san-francisco-declaration-of-research-assessment/

UKRI have implicitly been DORA signatories for a while – all the Research Councils signed early last year, a month or two before they were moved into UKRI, and I believe HEFCE/Research England had although I’m not sure when (perhaps 2015 as part of the Metrics Tide work?). I think everyone has been treating them as de facto current signatories as a result. Still, it’s good to have this stated unambiguously and clearly.

Apropos of this … has anyone tried to work out how many bits of the UK research landscape are now covered by DORA or a similar policy/mandate/position statement/etc? We have our list of universities with policies or statements on responsible metrics, but at the higher level it’s a bit confusing.

UKRI operate throughout the UK, but HEFCE/Research England are (of course) only covering England, and I don’t think the equivalent Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish funding bodies have signed up to DORA. I assume they are broadly on board with the general idea of responsible metrics as they are all signed up to the REF rules, but I don’t know if they’ve made any kind of more formal statement…

Andrew.

Andrew Gray

Bibliometrics Support Officer

UCL Library Services

UCL Bibliometrics Policy Consultation: read the proposals and take the survey!

Telephone 020 7679 2363 [internal: 32363]

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/research-support/bibliometrics

To unsubscribe from the LIS-BIBLIOMETRICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-BIBLIOMETRICS&A=1