Interesting announcement today:

https://www.ukri.org/news/ukri-signs-san-francisco-declaration-of-research-assessment/

UKRI have implicitly been DORA signatories for a while - all the Research Councils signed early last year, a month or two before they were moved into UKRI, and I believe HEFCE/Research England had although I'm not sure when (perhaps 2015 as part of the Metrics Tide work?). I think everyone has been treating them as de facto current signatories as a result. Still, it's good to have this stated unambiguously and clearly.

Apropos of this ... has anyone tried to work out how many bits of the UK research landscape are now covered by DORA or a similar policy/mandate/position statement/etc? We have our list of universities with policies or statements on responsible metrics, but at the higher level it's a bit confusing.

UKRI operate throughout the UK, but HEFCE/Research England are (of course) only covering England, and I don't think the equivalent Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish funding bodies have signed up to DORA. I assume they are broadly on board with the general idea of responsible metrics as they are all signed up to the REF rules, but I don't know if they've made any kind of more formal statement...

Andrew.

Andrew Gray
Bibliometrics Support Officer
UCL Library Services

UCL Bibliometrics Policy Consultation: read the proposals and take the survey<https://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/research-support/bibliometrics/ucl-bibliometrics-policy>!

Telephone 020 7679 2363 [internal: 32363]
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/research-support/bibliometrics