*apologies for cross-posting*

There is still time to book your delegate place for the CILIP Conference 2019 (3-4 July, Manchester).

We are so excited to present a programme drawing on the insights and experience of information professionals from health to education, professional, legal and financial services, to public and school libraries. There is also a strand dedicated to Your Career, with workshops to help you progress and develop, no matter where you are on your career journey.

Our keynote speakers and panellists will look at the ethics of AI and knowledge management, the need for employers to do more to promote diversity and inclusion, and the power of design to improve services.

EveryLibrary, who spoke so passionately at the 2018 CILIP Conference, return with a Breakfast Seminar, unveiling the first phase of their national advocacy project with CILIP, made possible with funding from Arts Council England. They will discuss the resources that will be made available to library campaigners and introduce strategies and tactics that you can use in order to build political power and influence to support library funding.

CILIP’s recently formed Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Network has been created to address BAME underrepresentation in the LIS profession. Join them at their breakast seminar and explore what it means to be an ally, and consider how non-BAME professionals can support the purpose of the new Network.

Whatever sector you work in, this year’s CILIP Conference has something for everyone! Here are some of the subjects that we will be exploring during the two day conference:

-        Digital innovation

-        25 years of Libraries Change Lives Awards

-        Knowledge and Information Management round table discussions

-        Health seminar

-        Don’t be afraid of social media

-        British Library – Living Knowledge

-        Innovation in public libraries

-        Information Management

-        Data behaviour

-        Authentic leadership

-        Media and information literacy

-        Skills of the modern corporate information professional

-        Information as an Asset

-        RDA, ISNIs and linked data

-        Professional registration support

-        Diversity in the profession

-        Great school and college libraries

-        K&IM in Government

-        Software and data skills for library and information professionals

-        Leaders Network career tips panel

-        Diversity, books and reading panel

-        Higher education developments

-        KM and the ISO standard

-        Better information behaviour

-        Impact and influence

There will be a number of opportunities to network, as well as meet up with our fantastic exhibitors and sponsors in the exhibition hall, who will be keen to demonstrate their new products and services.

For the full programme and to book your delegate place - http://bit.ly/conf19j1

We look forward to welcoming you.

Rachel Kudlick
Events Manager

Working Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

To unsubscribe from this mailing list please contact [log in to unmask] You can also subscribe from this list by sending a command to [log in to unmask], leave subject field blank, remove any signature and add the text "unsubscribe lis-arlg" in the main email text box.