All

We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a keen interest in the evolving open research and data management landscape to join our Research Data Management team. The primary role of the post is to provide support in a fast growing area and during an exciting period of research funder driven activity with regard to maximising research data sharing and re-use. You will support the evolving processes, workflows and day-to-day tasks of the Research Data Management service.

You will have a degree or equivalent relevant work experience and should be able to demonstrate awareness of the open research environment and knowledge of external (funder, publisher) policies affecting research data management within UK higher education. Experience of working in a research environment will also be an advantage. Training will be provided on key systems, including the Current Research Information System (CRIS), PURE.

You will be required to demonstrate an ability to work alone and as part of a team and be able to work under pressure to meet both internal and external deadlines. A highly-organised approach is essential to this post as is a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels and have an excellent ‘can do’ customer service attitude.

This is a fixed term post to 31st March 2020 with a start date as soon as possible. There is the possibility that the post will be extended by 12 months to March 2021. The post is advertised as full-time but there is the possibility for flexible part-time working for the right candidate. The post is also available as a secondment opportunity for staff already working at the University.

The University is committed to equality for all, demonstrated through our working on diversity awards (ECU Athena SWAN/Race Charters; Carer Positive; LGBT Charter; and Stonewall). More details can be found at http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/edi/diversityawards/.

This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by the UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Further information can be found at https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/staff/policy/immigration/.

In 2019 the University will establish purpose built office accommodation at Eden Campus in Guardbridge, by St Andrews, to provide a state of the art working environment for a number of our Professional Services units. It is anticipated that up to 450 Professional Services staff from a range of Units will be based in the new development at Guardbridge. This post will be primarily based at Eden Campus.

Interviews will be held on 28 June 2019

Please quote ref: AD2228MR

Closing Date: 19 June 2019

Further Particulars: AD2228MR FPs.doc

Research and Innovation Services
Salary: £27,025 - £32,236 per annum
Fixed Term: 10 months
Start: As soon as possible

All the best

Anna

Anna Clements | Head of Digital Research

Research and Innovation Services, University St Andrews North Street St Andrews | KY16 9AL| UK
T: 00 44 (0) 1334 462761 | @AnnaKClements ORCID0000-0003-2895-1310
Executive Board member, euroCRIS                                 Past Chair, CASRAI-UK

I work flexibly - so whilst it suits me to email outside normal working hours,  I do not expect a response or action outside of your own working hours.

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland: No SC013532

To unsubscribe from the JISC-REPOSITORIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=JISC-REPOSITORIES&A=1