I am pleased to announce the publication of

Environmental Archaeology - Theory and Practice: Looking Back, Moving Forwards
edited by Benjamin Gearey, Suzi Richer, Seren Griffiths and Michelle Farrell

http://intarch.ac.uk/journal/issue53/index.html

This issue reflects on changes and developments in environmental archaeology, demonstrating environmental archaeology as a wide-ranging, often creative discipline that integrates into contemporary research.  The editors would also like to acknowledge funding from both the National Heritage Science Forum and the University of Reading which helped to bring two of the articles to publication.

“I didn't know you were into that sort of thing?!”: Or Theoretical Confessions of an Environmental Archaeologist by Benjamin Gearey
https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.9

Editorial: Humming with cross-fire and short on cover by Seren Griffiths
https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.10

Environmental Archaeology, Progress and Challenges by Andy J. Howard
https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.1

Archaeology has no Relevance by Suzi Richer, Daryl Stump, Robert Marchant
https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.2

Wildness: Conceptualising the wild in contemporary environmental archaeology by Andrew Hoaen https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.3

Commercial Environmental Archaeology: are we back in the dark ages or is environmental archaeology a potential agent of change? by Elizabeth Pearson https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.4

Pinned Down in the Trenches? Revisiting environmental archaeology by Terry O'Connor https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.5

Beyond Extractive Practice: Bioarchaeology, Geoarchaeology and Human Palaeoecology for the People  by Matt Law https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.6

Agendas for Archaeobotany in the 21st Century: data, dissemination and new directions by Lisa Lodwick https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.7

Semantics of the Sea — Stories and Science along the Celtic Seaboard by Erin Kavanagh and Martin Bates https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.8

Afterword: Environmental Archaeology - connection and communication by Suzi Richer https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.53.9

Judith

--
Judith Winters
Editor, Internet Archaeology

Department of Archaeology, University of York YO1 7EP, UK +44 (0)1904 323955

My working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

EMAIL DISCLAIMER http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

To unsubscribe from the HERFORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=HERFORUM&A=1