Dear all,

You can book now for our next TextWorkshop course, at the fabulous Postal
Museum in London on Monday 1st July 2019 <https://textworkshop.co.uk/?p=414> -
and we're delighted to say that we'll all be able to take a ride on the
underground Mail Rail ride at lunchtime.

Details of the course content are below and on our website
www.textworkshop.co.uk, and you can book from only £75. Delegates on our
recent courses <https://textworkshop.co.uk/latest-feedback> have said:

*‘The day exceeded my expectations – it has really given me so much to
think about.’*

*‘Great examples and tips. I feel prepared to go away and use this new
knowledge.’*

*‘Super, super day. Thank you very much.’*

*‘It was a great group size and I now have a toolkit for text-writing.’*

*‘It is hard to define what was the best part because all the content is
relevant and applicable.’*

*‘I feel I have a methodology now to approach the task of text-writing.’*

*‘As a result of being here I will take inspiration from other writing
sources such as children’s books.’*

*‘The course leaders made it fun and interesting – and funny. It has really
inspired me.’*

*'Rebecca and Dea are hilarious!'  *- we like this comment particularly :)

*TextWorkshop* is a unique course on writing great exhibition text, run by
journalist Dea Birkett and museum interpretation consultant Rebecca
Mileham. It brings together expertise from the worlds of museums and
journalism to give you a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of writing
for panels and labels. In a day packed with tips, examples and exercises,
you’ll feel challenged and motivated, and take away lots of new and
practical ideas.

Our writing courses run from 10.30am to 4.30pm and cost from only £75. Find
out more, and book online, at *www.textworkshop.co.uk
<http://www.textworkshop.co.uk/>*.

TextWorkshop is run by Rebecca Mileham, freelance interpretation consultant
and science writer, and Dea Birkett, journalist, author and director of
Circus250. See what goes on at a TextWorkshop on the website at
*www.textworkshop.co.uk
<http://www.textworkshop.co.uk/>*.

 Do get in touch if you'd like to explore in-house training or consultancy.
We've recently worked with colleagues at the John Rylands Library, Imperial
War Museum, Science Museum Group and National Museums Liverpool.

If you have any queries, just drop us a line, and we look forward to seeing
you soon at a TextWorkshop.

Rebecca and Dea

--
01295 268328 | 07944 7244 26
rebeccamileham.com

--
new book *Cracking the Elements
<http://rebecca.mileham.net/home/cracking-the-elements>* available online

current exhibitions:
First Animals <https://www.oumnh.ox.ac.uk/first-animals-exhibition>, Oxford
University Museum of Natural History (opens 12 July 2019)
Sheikh Abdullah Al Salem Cultural Centre <https://www.ascckw.com/>, Kuwait
Quarry Bank
<https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/quarry-bank/features/the-mill-at-quarry-bank?platform=hootsuite>
(National Trust), Cheshire

Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]:

Join GEM Firstname Secondname

Include only the text above, without email signature etc.   The title of the email doesn’t matter.   Send it to [log in to unmask]

If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message:

Set GEM nomail

When you get back:

Set GEM mail

You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above.

Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this:

CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask]