Hi Julian,

Given this is an RCT, and given that you aren't interested in "average" effects over the two timepoints, but rather the effect in the follow-up after accounting for the baseline, the best is really simply enter baseline as a nuisance (voxelwise) regressor, and run a two-sample t-test comparing the groups (that is, having the baseline and possibly other nuisance, such as age or sex).

There is no need for a repeated measures or mixed design.

All the best,

Anderson