Hi,
This seems at least somewhat similar to an issue that I have run in to before.  As I recall, my concern was that the COPE values in the unthresholded images using FLAME 1+2 differ based on the threshold chosen, while this is not the case if only FLAME1 is run.  My understanding is that the FLAME2 process only runs on voxels that are close to the threshold, where it will actually "matter" to defining the clusters, otherwise just FLAME1 results are used.  I'm not sure if that explains what you are seeing, but it seems plausible that with slightly different input data, a similar issue will come into play?

Anyway, hopefully you can get a response from somebody more expert than me, but this may help some.

Best,
Michael