Hi again Mahmoud,

Thank you for your advice. When I run eddy separately on single shells it is able to finish successfully. Does this give you any more info?
I also looked at my data and I couldn't find a sign of excessive motion (signal drop out) or timing error, at least by eyeballing. Is there a more rigorous way to inspect the data?

you can load the file *.eddy_outlier_n_stdev_map into Matlab and look at it. What you want to look out for is a column that consistently has large negative values, possibly due to sequence problem. If your data is multi-band you want to look for a set of columns, all belonging to the same MB group.

Jesper

Thank you,
Mahmoud