The purpose of this online brainstorming is to gather as complete a collection of guiding distinctions of social theories and social sciences as possible.

By guiding distinctions we mean dichotomies or dualisms, such as market/hierarchy, economy/society, or micro/macro, that have been or still are at the heart of the debates in our fields of social sciences (economics, management, sociology, anthropology, and many more).

We are therefore particularly keen to learn what distinctions guide(d) past and current discussions and controversies in your field(s). The deadline is 8. June 2019. We have received close to 500 contributions in English, Spanish, French, and German language so far.

Weblink to further information on the brainstorming: https://derroth.com/2019/04/24/guiding-distinctions-of-social-science-an-online-brainstorming/

*****

Prof. Dr. Dr. habil. Steffen Roth

Full Professor of Management, La Rochelle Business School, France
Research Professor of Digital Sociology, Kazimieras Simonavičius University in Vilnius, Lithuania
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-8502-601X

*****

DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF SOCIAL THEORY. A research update @TFSC: https://wp.me/pvO07-1kH

HEAL THE WORLD. A solution-focused systems therapy approach to environmental problems @J Clean Prod: https://wp.me/pvO07-1gW