From: Faye Robinson [ee18flr] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 02 June 2019 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: MSc dissertation participants request

Good afternoon,

I am currently writing my dissertation for my Masters degree (MSc Sustainable Cities) at the University of Leeds.

My dissertation focuses on the inclusion and consideration of disabled people when implementing change to improve city sustainability.

I am currently looking for participants who identify as being disabled to take part in my study. Taking part will include a short interview where we discuss topics such as disabled peoples needs within the city and barriers to the use of sustainable practices for disabled people.

I am hoping that you will be able to help me contact potential participants by circulating this on the mailing list.

Please find a participation information sheet attached.

Thank you, Faye Robinson.

School of Earth and Environment
University of Leeds
Woodhouse Lane
Leeds LS2 9JT

LeedsUniBlack

23rd April 2014

31/05/2019

You are being invited to take part in a research project. Before you decide it is important for you to understand why the research is being done and what it will involve. Please take time to read the following information carefully. Ask if there is anything that is not clear or if you would like more information. Take time to decide whether you wish to take part.

Why have I been asked?

You have been invited due to identifying as having a physical and/or mental disability/illness. I am looking for 15 disabled individuals to participate.

About this research

This research is conducted by a University of Leeds student who is studying the inclusion and consideration of disabled people when implementing change to improve city sustainability. The students are studying Sustainable Cities and are interested to know more about how disabled people’s needs are taken into consideration when making decisions to improve city sustainability. We are particularly interested in the needs of disabled people within the city and how they are/are not currently being met. And how much consideration is given to the needs of disabled people during a decision-making process.

We will not directly identify you in writing up/discussing our research but given your role you may be identifiable in our reporting of the research. The research will be used by the students in an MSc dissertation to be seen by teaching staff at the university, and external examiners as part of our quality assurance processes. The research may also be published in academic or report form.

What do I have to do if I take part?

You will be asked to take part in an interview which will take approximately 20 minutes. You may also be asked to take part in an additional mobile interview, but do not need to accept this request to remain a participant.

Participation is completely voluntary. You can withdraw at any time without having to provide a reason.

Your participation and anything we discuss is completely confidential.

Whilst there are no immediate benefits for those participating in the project, it is hoped that this work will benefit the disabled community as a whole.

Will I be recorded, and how will the recorded media be used?

Audio recordings will be taken of interviews and will be used for analysis only. After completion of the study audio data will be disposed of.

Contact point

If you have any questions or comments about the research, please do not hesitate to contact Faye Robinson, [log in to unmask]

Thanks very much for your time in taking part in this discussion.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr Stephen Hall

Program Manager, MSc Sustainable Cities, University of Leeds.

________________End of message________________ This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about list administration should be sent to [log in to unmask] Archives and tools are located at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.