Dear all:

I am running a survey on Leaveism - times where employees work when not contracted to, when off sick and when on holiday.

Leaveism is growing in the UK and is a key factor in why many organisations currently report record low levels of sickness absence, i.e. in many cases employees are using annual leave instead of sick leave/disability leave because they fear either punitive sanctions or being more broadly disadvantaged at work.

I am particular keen to hear from disabled employees on this matter (and women, minorities and casually employed - or most of all of these together), as I suspect Leaveism has the greatest impact for such employees.

Please complete if you do Leaveism and share my survey as widely as possible: tiny.cc/zqcf7y https://twitter.com/leaveism/status/1080506129610915840

It is open to all types of employee in the UK (not self-employed).

The survey will stay open for the rest of 2019.

The aim is to present findings to HR practitioners and trade union officials/organisers.

Follow up research is planned in terms of the looking at the lived experience of Leaveism.

I have a Twitter feed and web-site if you want more information - please follow me on Twitter if you can.

https://leaveism.net/ and @Leaveism

A direct link to a Tweet on the survey can be found by clicking here.

Many thanks and best wishes.

James

Associate Professor in Human Resource Management, Department of Business Management, Mary Burton Building, Heriot-Watt University EH14 4AS

Telephone: 0131 451 3043
Untitled Document

Heriot-Watt University is The Times & The Sunday Times International University of the Year 2018

Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt is a leader in ideas and solutions. With campuses and students across the entire globe we span the world, delivering innovation and educational excellence in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences. This email is generated from the Heriot-Watt University Group, which includes:

  1. Heriot-Watt University, a Scottish charity registered under number SC000278
  2. Edinburgh Business School a Charity Registered in Scotland, SC026900. Edinburgh Business School is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland with registered number SC173556 and registered office at Heriot-Watt University Finance Office, Riccarton, Currie, Midlothian, EH14 4AS
  3. Heriot- Watt Services Limited (Oriam), Scotland's national performance centre for sport. Heriot-Watt Services Limited is a private limited company registered is Scotland with registered number SC271030 and registered office at Research & Enterprise Services Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS.

The contents (including any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete it (including any attachments) from your system.

________________End of message________________ This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about list administration should be sent to [log in to unmask] Archives and tools are located at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.