I did have to read it a few times to work out it was my imagination!
Luke

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 11:39, David Bircumshaw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
H'm. I was using 'you' as a Common Pronoun there y'know, Luke

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 09:27, Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
shouts over reply.

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 09:23, David Bircumshaw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Luke

possibilities include:

a) you don't like Sir Isaac Newton (or gravity)

b) you need to see an optician

c) you long to be a hermit in the Egyptian desert

d) the CIA will really like you (after all, you're related to their favourite art form)

e) you like the invisibility of capital

f) you want to be American

g) you possess an inner refinement beyond the muddy grossness of the earth

h) you did English at Cambridge

i) you are a spiritualist ( see Kandinsky)

j) you live in Islington

k) you really want to be a painter

l) you have this secret music in your head

m) you loathe suburbia

n) you can't stand Larkin or the Georgian Anthologies or Poetry Review or ...

xyz) you are afloat on a hidden sea of synaesthesia

Best

Dave

What do non-representational poems mean, if they don't refer to anything in the world? Is it about specific goals, platforms, or is something else at work there?
Cheers for any reply,
Luke

To unsubscribe from the BRITISH-IRISH-POETS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BRITISH-IRISH-POETS&A=1