Dear All

I would like to make you aware of a job opportunity we currently have:

Archivist

Permanent

Full-time basis

£27,540 per annum

London

The Royal Air Force Museum is a national museum, a Government non-departmental public body (NDPB) and a registered charity, with two public sister sites at London and Cosford and a stored collection site near Stafford. RAF Museum Enterprises Ltd is the trading arm of the RAF Museum with all profits gift-aided to the Museum to support its charitable activities. Our purpose is to share the story of the Royal Air Force through its people and collections, to engage, inform and inspire our visitors. Our overall vision is to reach, connect and inspire everyone with the RAF story.

Having just completed a multimillion pound redevelopment project on site, there has never been a more exciting time to join our award-winning museum.

Our Archive collection contains both official and personal documents which reflect the experience of those who have served with the RAF and its predecessor organisations. It also includes a substantial number of technical drawings and material. Public Records are held and the Museum is a Place of Deposit.

The Archivist will be a key member of the Archive and Library team working in support of the Museum’s strategic objectives and Accreditation commitments. Undertaking the full range of archival work, they will help to develop and look after the Archive collection as well as facilitate access to it. There will also be the opportunity to undertake research contributing to the Museum’s Research programme.

Applicants should be educated to degree level and be in possession of a post-graduate qualification in archive administration. The successful applicant will have experience of working with archive collections, good IT and communication skills and be a methodical worker with an eye for detail. Experience of working in teams and with volunteers will be essential as will experience of using collections management databases. A good knowledge of RAF history will also be an advantage.

The post will be based at our London site. Travel between the Museum sites will be necessary. Some overseas travel may be required. A clean driving licence will be useful.

To apply:

Kind regards

Michelle Grant Assoc CIPD

HR Assistant

Royal Air Force Museum

T: 020 8358 4843

www.rafmuseum.org

My working days are Wednesday-Friday.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram TripAdvisor

Please Note: This e-mail and its attachments may be confidential. If they have come to you in error; please reply to this e-mail and let us know. We have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail is free from any virus, though we advise the recipient should take their own steps to confirm this.