Greetings WAN - as opposed to wan greetings ...
It might be that some London WAN members might be interested in the events below run by my daughter Dr Butler, as writer in res at the Freud Museum, Hampstead. Walking ... landscape ... collecting ... kleptomania ... homo sapiens ... I've only just thought about that as I write this email ...
Stuart Butler
www.radicalstroud.co.uk

From: Alice Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 01 May 2019 16:20
To: Alice Butler
Subject: Kleptomania events at the Freud Museum this summer

Dear friends and supporters,

I am currently Writer in Residence at the Freud Museum, working on a project focused on kleptomania and feminist art. As part of this research, I am excited to announce that I am hosting a series of events at the museum this summer. For two evening events, I will be joined by two amazing writers engaged with the topic of kleptomania. I am also giving a workshop and performing a reading that draws on this research and writing. It would be wonderful if you are able to make it to any or all of these events. Please see the details below. And please do pass onto anyone else—friends, colleagues or students—that you think might be interested.

On the evening of Friday 31 May, there will be a talk by the artist and writer Sharon Kivland, followed by a discussion with myself. Details & tickets here.

On Wednesday 17 July, I will be giving a day workshop on 'kleptomaniac feminism, art and writing'. Details & tickets here

On the evening of Tuesday 30 July, there will be a lecture by the writer Carol Mavor. Details & tickets here

On the afternoon of Saturday 3 August, I will be giving a performance reading that draws on the texts I have been writing as part of the residency, which are currently being published on the Writer in Residence blog. Details & tickets here

Hope to see you at the Freud Museum this summer!

Thanks in advance for your time.

Warmest wishes,

Alice