**Apologies for cross-posting**

Sign up to our newsletter to receive 35% discount on all our books.

Out this week: ASEAN Resistance to Sovereignty Violation

Interests, Balancing and the Role of the Vanguard State

By Laura Southgate

"An original argument, based on vanguard state theory...A very original and superb piece of scholarship." Andrew Tan, Macquarie University

Drawing on a wide range of primary sources, this book offers an innovative explanation of how ASEAN states respond to threats of sovereignty violation that takes account of both the role of external powers and the agency of regional states.

Find out more

Politics and International Relations highlights

Modi and the Reinvention of Indian Foreign Policy

Rational Choice and Political Power

The Responsibility to Provide in Southeast Asia

What Works Now?

Women, Politics and the Public Sphere

Whose Government Is It?

Global Discourse

A new issue of Global Discourse on the theme of 'Reflections on Post-Marxism: Laclau and Mouffe’s Project of Radical Democracy in the Twenty-First Century' will be published on Ingenta later this month.

On our blog: Connecting evidence to policy and practice: what works now?

Read more

Futures of Work

Read the latest issue of Futures of Work, including:

From civil servants to service providers: Privatisation, outsourcing and the workplace by Amir Paz-Fuchs

POLICY & POLITICS: Why do some public agencies attract more media attention than others?

By Jan Boon, Heidi Houlberg Salomonsen, & Koen Verhoest

Read more on Discover Society

Get 35% discount on ALL Bristol University Press and Policy Press books by signing up to our newsletter here.

Bristol University Press and Policy Press
1-9 Old Park Hill, Bristol BS2 8BB, UK

Tel: +44 (0)117 954 5940

To unsubscribe from the TEACHING-POLITICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=TEACHING-POLITICS&A=1