The first half is so over the top that I almost stopped reading, but I didn't -- in the second half he uses his own strengths to say something that in the light of his experience is worth saying. Germaine

On 2019-05-12 11:48 a.m., Herron, Thomas wrote:

Dear all,

here in the last breath of this year's Kalamazoo (which went well, including many warm tributes to Bill Oram on his retirement), see below link to a purply prosed article in the recent *Chronicle*.  The Faerie Queene turns up dramatically near the end.

Many regards, --Tom

https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/20190510-academes-extinction-event

ps attendance was definitely down in #s at this year's Zoo.

Thomas Herron
Professor of English
Department of English
East Carolina University
(252) 328-6413

Writer/Director, Centering Spenser:  A Digital Resource for Kilcolman Castle
http://core.ecu.edu/umc/Munster/

To unsubscribe from the SIDNEY-SPENSER list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SIDNEY-SPENSER&A=1

Germaine Warkentin // English (Emeritus), University of Toronto
http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/germainew/

"There has never been a great age of science and technology without
a corresponding flourishing of the arts and humanities."
-- Cathy N. Davidson