From: Social History Curators Group email list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rachael Bowers
Sent: 22 May 2019 13:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Axiell online

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------
Hi Helen,

In a previous role I helped set up York Minster's online collection using Axiell's CALMView. This is the result: http://collections.yorkminster.org/

The pros are that it's reasonably straight forward if you don't have much IT support at your institution, and there is a basic list of options to choose from so that they can customise the appearance of the website and what information you choose to display. We were able to make the information available in subsections of the catalogue as we finished digitising records.

It wasn't always easy to get changes made when we needed them as it seemed to be just one man doing everything, and as you can see the website design is very early noughties! We did require a little IT support internally when sending information across to Axiell, so that's something to consider. I wish we had photographed everything in landscape view, as it loads much nicer on the page!

I hope that's useful and do get in touch if you have any specific questions,

Rachael.