Hi Terry,
I can only speak about the fields I know and work in which, as it happens, are all the field you mention, and the answer is most definitely yes.

David

--

On 30/5/19, 7:51 pm, "PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in on behalf of Terence Love" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Hi David,

    Thank you for your message. I understand what you wrote and suggest that it is similar to what I was suggesting.

    Would you say that aesthetics is ALWAYS a NECESSARY part of all design activity across all the 800 or however many fields of design?

    For example when I produce software code architecture (designs for how something might be programmed), or business process optimisation designs it's not that obvious that aesthetics is a necessary part of the design activity at all.

    If in typesetting a magazine I'm managing the words to space-available aspects of news stories, its not obvious that this bit of design activity involves any aesthetics.

    Thoughts?

    Best regards,
    Terence
    ==
    Dr Terence Love,
    School of Design and Built Environment, Curtin University, Western Australia
    CEO, Design Out Crime and CPTED Centre
    PO Box 226, Quinns Rocks, Western Australia 6030
     +61 (0)4 3497 5848
    ORCID 0000-0002-2436-7566
    ==