Maternal Journal website is live!

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Following our launch on 1 May, the Maternal Journal website has received almost 1000 new visitors, which is very exciting! As well as this, several journaling groups are starting up across the UK and beyond.

If you haven't checked out the website yet, you can do so at www.maternaljournal.org

This free resource is packed with inspiration and support to set up a Maternal Journal group or journal on your own to promote positive mental health and well-being for pregnant women*, new mothers and those that birth.

There are nine journaling guides produced by a brilliant team of poets, visual artists and writers, and you can create a List Poem with Hollie McNish, your first comic with Kate Evans, think about your past, present and future with Bridget Minamore, be a Revolutionary Mother with Barby Asante or make a Cut & Paste Poem with Fran Burden.

Revolutionary Mothering by Barby Asante
Your List Poem by Hollie McNish
News
Journaling workshops at the Maternal Journal launch event at Somerset House
This week we are excited to be hosting Maternal Journal workshops in Cambridge as part of Motherworks - a creative platform presenting a range of perspectives on maternal mental health and our experience of motherhood.

Guided by the brilliant Hollie McNish, Bridget Minamore, Anna Furse and Jodie Hawkes, each session centres around a creative exercise in either visual art, poetry or writing.

On Saturday 11 May, a Maternal Journal workshop is happening in collaboration with the exhibition, The M Word, in Richmond from 12.30pm. There are still spaces, so please join us if you'd like.
Please share the link with people, groups or organisations who you think would benefit from journaling.

If you'd like to know more about the project, get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for your support!
Maternal Journal is funded by Arts Council of England and based on a collaboration supported by King's College London.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
Maternal Journal · 1a Flodden Road · London, southwark SE5 9LL · United Kingdom

To unsubscribe from the MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH&A=1