*** for diffusion, please.

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

We are pleased to introduce MEG-infinity<https://www.mcgill.ca/bic/core-facilities/meg#MEGinfinity>: a bold initiative of the McConnell Brain Imaging Centre (Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill).

The MEG-infinity program enables high-powered neuroscience research, encourages the adoption of open-science practices and maximizes the impact of research funds.

MEG-infinity offers unlimited 24/7 access to MEG scanning against the payment of a flat subscription fee (all prices in CAD), valid for a 6-month period starting June 1, 2019:

• $12,000 for unlimited 24/7 access,
• Open-science discount: $10,000 for unlimited 24/7 access, against the direct deposit of collected data in the Open MEG Archives (OMEGA<https://www.mcgill.ca/bic/resources/omega>),
• $8,000 for unlimited after-hours (5pm-08am) and weekend access.

The subscription is for one study, with unlimited number of participants (cross-sectional design) and/or sessions (longitudinal design). The rates apply to MEG certified users who have been trained and approved to operate the system without assistance. The certification is permanent, and obtained with a 3x1-hour training program with MEG data collection for the investigator’s study ($500/hr). Certification fees will be waived until the end of December 2019 (a $1,500 value).

An REB number and participant code are required at the time of booking. To get you started with data collection as soon as possible, if your study concerns resting state, basic sensory stimuli and tasks, you may proceed immediately with data collection using the OMEGA participant consent form, after verification of compliance by our team. Access to your data will be conditional to REB approval of your request to access the OMEGA repository.

Current BIC cancellation policies apply, with special attention against booking-cancelling several blocks of time at once.

Studies that require full assistance from our MEG staff remain at current rate ($500/hour). The discounted $400/hour rate for certified users who prefer to access on a case-by-case basis remains effective as well.

We foresee that the MEG-infinity program will enable approaching exciting neuroscience questions concerning the neural dynamics of brain systems in health and disease with high-powered studies yielding robust results. We will experiment with MEG-infinity until the end of December 2019. Should this be a success, we may need to increase the subscription rates, so be opportunistic and enroll now! The rates are tailored to match the amount of seed funding readily granted for pilot studies out there (via e.g., BIC, CRBLM, QBIN, etc.).

Our team is here to provide all the support required for study design and data analytics.

Please contact us with any question ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>). We'll be glad to get you started with the program.

Best wishes,

Sylvain.
-
Sylvain Baillet, PhD
Professor & Director, MEG Core
Canada Research Chair in Neural Dynamics of Brain Systems
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University
@sylvain_baillet<https://twitter.com/sylvain_baillet> - > more<https://goo.gl/591JdQ>

[cid:1EF412D2-B2AC-466B-ABC7-095A670CD410@campus.MCGILL.CA]