Dear Leon,

We don’t allow Inter Library Loans borrowed from other Libraries to be self issued or self returned. They are kept behind the desk and have to be handed out by library staff and returned to staff rather than to a book bin, so the service is only available during service desk hours.  I would agree with other colleagues that ILL items should not be for self service.

Regards,

Marianne Glover

Customer Services

Philip Robinson Library