What do the data look like in the two spaces without all the thresholding?

Matt.

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of ashish sahib <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 5:49 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [FSL] TFCE correction for volume and CIFTI data

Dear Experts

I converted all my data into CIFTI format and I am now using PALM and TFCE correction.
I have computed the analysis first using volume data with TFCE correction and second using CIFTI data also using TFCE correction. I have a few questions concerning these analysis:

1- When I use volume data to compute the stats the activation is bilateral around the midline. However, when I compute the same analysis using CIFTI data I get lateralised activation in the left hemisphere (see figures attached). Is this difference in activation expected? What would be the cause for such a pronounced difference in activation?

2- How does PALM and TFCE correction deal with the surfaces from both hemispheres? Does it perform the computation separately for each hemisphere or together?

Thank you in advance,
Ashish