We have started to receive the first entries for the Simply Stories contest, which was announced on World Book Day as closing on 1 June. Good news!  We have a new deadline: 1 July!  This is in response to requests from writer+artist pairs in North America, the UK and elsewhere who'd like a bit more time.  Please spread the word to those who might not have heard about the contest.

The link below now includes three additional examples of books.

http://simplystories.org/2019-contest/

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]