-with apologies for cross-posting-

Dear all,

Please see below details of a new APGRD/TORCH event to add to your calendars.

We Are Not Princesses film screening

Thursday 13 June, 6pm

Lecture Theatre

Ioannou Centre, 66 St Giles', Oxford

Free, all welcome, no booking required!

We Are Not Princesses is a film about four Syrian women living as refugees in Beirut, coming together to tell their stories through the ancient Greek Antigone. The screening will be followed by a panel discussion with producer Hal Scardino, Nur Laiq (TORCH Global South Visiting Fellow) and APGRD Director Fiona Macintosh. A trailer can be found here: http://www.openartfoundation.org/we-are-not-princesses. We hope you can join us!

We would also like to remind you of our similarly-themed conference on Friday 12 July, 'Classical Theatre and the Middle East: Greek drama and the "classic(s)" in the Arab-speaking world and Iran'. The conference will be followed by a FREE performance of Jogging by Hanane Hajj Ali, inspired by Euripides' Medea. More details can be found on the APGRD Events<http://www.apgrd.ox.ac.uk/events/2019/03/classical-theatre-and-the-middle-east> page, and payments can be made through the University Store<https://www.oxforduniversitystores.co.uk/conferences-and-events/classics/classics-events/classical-theatre-and-the-middle-east> site. If you would like to attend the performance only, please register by emailing [log in to unmask] so that we can send you further information closer to the time.

With very best wishes,

The APGRD

----
APGRD
Archive of Performances of Greek & Roman Drama
University of Oxford, 66 St Giles, Oxford OX1 3LU
www.apgrd.ox.ac.uk
APGRD Twitter<https://twitter.com/apgrd> | APGRD Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/apgrd>

Archive of list messages may be found at:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/classicsgrads
Visit the same site to change your subscription settings.
All queries regarding the list should be directed to: