Dear all,

I also take this mail to announce the release of Xmipp 19.04. It's release notes are in https://github.com/I2PC/xmipp/wiki/Release-notes and this new version contains many new algorithms like stream processing up to 3D reconstruction and estimation of 3D heterogeneity, MotionCorrB (a  very fast movie alignment using B-splines that generalizes MotionCorr2 and our Optical Flow), deep consensus (an algorithm to merge the output of multiple particle pickers and save 2D classification time), swarm consensus (an algorithm that automatically constructs initial volumes based on proposals by other algorithms), initial volume validation using SAXS experiments, highres (3D reconstruction of homogeneous populations), angular consensus (an algorithm to compare the angular assignment by two different algorithms),  heterogeneity metaprotocol (3D classification) allowing detailed control of the intermediate steps, many resolution algorithms measuring the resolution locally, directionally and in tomograms (MonoRes, MonoDir and MonoTomo), and localDeblur (an algorithm to sharpen maps that uses the local resolution information).

A short presentation with some of these results can be seen at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r3RnOw8pkp-BH5KvCxvAdoe-HUPtCddo/view?usp=sharing

Kind regards, Carlos Oscar