Yes - this area is a mess.
However I got round it to some extent by naming the nucleotide as a standard one ((in your case C) , then adding the heavy atom, and creating the LINK records between that C and the additional atom(s).

Probably at deposition the moiety should be renames as 5CM  but that gets rpound the refinement glitch..

Eleanor