New York University
15 East 84th Street
New York, NY 10028

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 12:46 PM Lara González <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Lorenzo,

I could not tell you exactly what object 1 and 2 are without looking under the microscope but what I can say is that I can see embedded small round seeds in object 1 and looking at the seedcoat might help the identification. Do you have access to SEM?

Lara

-------- Original message --------
From: Lorenzo Castellano <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 23/05/2019 17:09 (GMT+00:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Help with identifications

Dear all,

I'm wondering if any of you can help us with those two IDs (see attached pictures). Object 1 should be a fruit fragment. We initially considered Capparis, but seeds are significantly smaller than expected. Any help would be much appreciated! Those materials are coming from the Hellenistic occupation levels of the citadel of a multi-stratified site in southern Cappadocia, in the Central Anatolia plateau (ca. 1100 m asl).

Many thanks for the help,

Best wishes,
Lorenzo

Lorenzo Castellano
Institute for the Study of the Ancient World
New York University
15 East 84th Street
New York, NY 10028