Dear Lara and Tania,

Thanks for your inputs and advises.

Lara, I agree that object 1 is either a fruit or compound fruit.
Unfortunately in the short term I don't have easy access to an electronic
microscope. It case it helps, I attach here additional pictures of small
round and irregularly shaped specimens found in the same sample of object
1. It* might* be reasonable to consider them as seeds detached from object
1.

Tania, I confirm that the specimen is smaller than expected for mulberry.
Surely, if we take into consideration drying before charring dimensions
must be reconsidered.

Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Castellano