UK Data Service introductory webinars 2019

To help you get the most from the UK Data Service, our series of webinars introduce different aspects of the Service. These free webinars run from 15.00-16.00.

Introduction to the UK Data Service, 2 May<https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=5415>
The UK Data Service holds the UK's largest collection of social, economic and population data. This introductory webinar is for anyone with an interest in social research who wants to hear about the vast array of resources that we offer. Participants will learn about the different types of quantitative and qualitative data we hold, how to find those data collections using our online resource discovery tools, how to register to access datasets in a number of different formats, how some of our data collections can be viewed and analysed online, and the support and training resources available for students, researchers and teachers.

Finding and accessing data in the UK Data Service, 9 May<https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=5416>
This webinar provides a practical overview of the tools that the Service provides to help you find the data you need, particularly our data catalogue tool which will help you to make the most of your data searches. We discuss best approaches to searching data, how to narrow down search results, and explain other service resources to help you locate data and related information.

Data management basics, 16 May<https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=5417>
Data management is essential to make sure that your research project presents well-organised, well-documented, high quality and shareable research data. This webinar provides an overview of how to manage, document, store and safeguard research data, and how to plan and implement good data management in research projects with a view to optimising data sharing.

Key issues in reusing data, 23 May<https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=5418>
Discover the key issues in secondary analysis as a method. This webinar briefly outlines the pros and cons of reusing data and the importance of learning about the origins of your data. The session discusses quantitative and qualitative secondary analysis, providing examples and issues of context, sampling and ethics.

Guided walk through ReShare, 6 June<https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=5419>
Are you an ESRC grant holder whose grant has ended and is required to submit your research data into the ReShare repository? Are you a researcher interested in depositing data into ReShare to make them available for reuse, or as evidence for a published paper? Would you just like to explore how publishing in ReShare happens in practice? Join our interactive online webinar, where we 'walk' you through the process of submitting a data collection into the ReShare repository.

View all UK Data Service events<https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/events.aspx>

Gill Meadows
Administrator, User Support and Training
E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
W ukdataservice.ac.uk
UK Data Service
Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research
University of Manchester
W http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/
Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this
message are not necessarily those of the UK Data Service.

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.

SIGNOFF allstat