Data Scientist – Engineering Team, The Competition & Markets Authority, London

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is a world leading Competition Authority at the forefront of tackling these pressing public policy questions. Our mission is to make markets work well in the interests of consumers. We undertake objective, evidence-based analysis that has a direct and substantial impact on the economy and economic prosperity.

The Data, Technology and Analytics (DaTA) unit helps the CMA engineer complex data and deploy advanced machine learning techniques. For example, we are developing algorithms to search among and prioritise the 100,000s of files, cookies, video and emails that make up the evidence to support each one of our cases. We help the CMA understand how firms are using data, what their algorithms do, and how algorithms are interacting to form the markets we see.

The CMA is expanding the DaTA unit to support its work in technology markets, the analysis of digital competition and working with large and complex datasets. We have established a strong team with a collaborative and open culture, supported by cutting edge technology and agile project management. We are now seeking to increase the capacity and capability of the team with a particular focus on data engineering.

As a Data Scientist in the DaTA unit, you be a key member of the team, helping to shape and deliver projects and making sure the CMA is plugged in to the latest thinking on data science and engineering. You will be responsible for using data engineering techniques to process complex data sets at scale and pace. You will help us further develop our cloud analytics platform – creating data pipelines that integrate with our operational systems and processes. You will build our understanding of how firms are engineering and exploiting their data assets in their pricing, ranking, demand forecasting and more. You will work with data scientists from across the unit to develop machine learning projects and deliver them into live operations.

More Information  >>>>> http://bit.ly/2QtFWWC

View Similar Jobs >>>>> www.DataScientistJobs.co.uk

SIGNOFF allstat