Statistics for Sustainable Development (Stats4SD) is a not-for-profit social enterprise. Our team supports scientists and development workers in the design of studies, data analysis, interpretation, writing up and sharing of their data-to-information products. Our work is varied. It includes scientific research in areas like agriculture, food security, climate change and its impact on people, as well as monitoring and evaluation of international development initiatives. Most of our work is in developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.  Our team is constantly in remote contact with our clients and partners, but we also travel frequently to visit the people and organisations we work with.

We are looking for a statistics intern who will support the work of our statisticians and data engineers based at our offices in Reading. You will be given training relevant to the projects you get involved with; you will learn to plan, conduct and write up statistical data analysis to provide information that contributes to good decision making in an international development context. To do so you will learn how to manage data and how to write code for data analysis. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn from and with our team.

For more information please visit: https://stats4sd.org/jobs/

HOW TO APPLY

Send a copy of your CV at [log in to unmask] Please include a letter (1200 words maximum) telling us why you would like to join our team and how you think you can contribute to our work.
Deadline for applications: 27 May 2019 17:00 hours
Interviews are likely to take place the week starting Monday 3 June 2019.
Starting date: September or October 2019.

SIGNOFF allstat