Based on????

Elizabeth Mac Namara

On May 1, 2019, at 08:43, Neely, Dermot <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

I would caution against asking Dr Malhotra for any advice. He epitomises the aphorism “empty vessels make most sound”

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 2:27 PM +0200, "Ian Young" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

To be balanced, I do use low CHO diets in the short to medium term in some patients, for weight loss.  I monitor LDLc – most show only modest rises and no change in the LDLc:HDLc ratio.

Best wishes

Ian

From: Sharpe, Peter [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 01 May 2019 13:23
To: Ian Young <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Puzzling patient

In the meantime I will take a “balanced” approach in my advice to patients – less calories and less CHOs but not low CHOs. A very high LDL-C as a consequence of a low CHO diet would greatly concern me.  I would feel that the benefits of the low CHO diet might be neutralised or even reversed by the very significant increase in LDL-C.

Kindest regards
Peter

Dr Peter Sharpe
Consultant Chemical Pathologist
Associate Medical Director, Research & Development
Southern Health & Social Care Trust
Ext: 60869