Good afternoon colleagues and fellow students,

Hope you are well.

My name is Courtney Hagen Ford, and I am a PhD student at Royal Holloway University of London. My fellow PhD student Amalina Zakariah and I are pleased to announce that registration for our one-day event "Surveillance Studies in the 21st century: from the mundane to the spectacular" is now live! This event takes place at RHUL on 14th June 2019.

Sponsored by the British Sociological Association and the DOS (Digital Organisation & Society) Research Group at RHUL,  this interdisciplinary event offers a mix of traditional expert lectures and themed roundtable discussions on the issues of control and coercion, harmony and discordance, power and resistance raised by the widespread use of surveillance technologies in the 21st century society.

We have as keynote speakers Prof Deborah Lupton and Prof Lizzie Coles-Kemp, and Prof Mike Nellis and Prof Peter Fussey as invited speakers.

More details on the agenda and how to register is available here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/research-and-teaching/departments-and-schools/management/events/bsa-dos-pg-forum-regional-day/

Please spread the word around to any interested PhD students, postgrads, ECRs, and colleagues.

Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact myself for accessibility and parenting-related issues, and Amalina for general information.

All the best,
Courtney and Amalina