Hi James,

Thank you for your insights. Regarding your first point, could you please elaborate? The double-dipping issue was not something I had previously thought of. To clarify, this is how the ROI was defined: activation map for C1 correlation with contrast 1 at the corrected threshold was obtained. Similarly, I obtained the activation map for C2 correlation with contrast 2. Next, I simply used imcalc on the two activation maps to find voxels that were present in both maps. These voxels were the ROI.

As for your second point, C1 and C2 are not significantly correlated.

Finally, in the original manuscript, we did look at the voxels that constituted the non-overlapping part (at the corrected threshold), so basically "voxels with significant correlation A and evidence of no correlation B" and vice versa. Apparently, this wasn't sufficient. That's why I'm unsure what else the reviewer wants with a dysjunction analysis.

Best,

Miranda