sounds like what you need is a process or decision tree chart

peterk

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 9:07 AM Lawrence Serewicz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Does anyone have a basic step by step guide on how to apply retention.

By this I mean something as simple as saying.

Step one check how old your document is. That is when was it created.

Step two If it is older than the retention period (the number of years since the document was created) then you need to dispose of it.

Step three. Write down in your disposition log what records you are going to destroy/delete.

Step four Dispose of it by deleting it or by dispose of it confidentially.

If not, does anyone have something close to this so that staff know what to do with records. I know there are such things as this available on the web, https://archives.un.org/sites/archives.un.org/files/general/documents/guideline_retention_schedule_implementation.pdf,

But the question is “How do I use that?”

Any help on that approach would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lawrence

Customer Notice

We have recently updated our terms and conditions for all our services, including making some important updates to our privacy notices. To find out more about how we collect, use, share and retain your personal data, visit: www.durham.gov.uk/dataprivacy

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.
To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]

--
Peter Kurilecz FAI CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas