Maternal Journal Cambridge - call out for participants May/June

Please join our new group

Maternal Journal in Cambridge

We are thrilled to be creating a Maternal Journal group this Spring for the Motherworks Festival at Cambridge Junction.

The project explores the history and practice of journaling as well as its potential to support our mental health & well-being. Participants will create their own maternal journal through a series of creative workshops.

We are working with amazing artists, poets and writers including: Anna Furse, Bridget Minamore, Hollie McNish & Jodie Hawkes, and will be using our new artist templates created for the Maternal Journal website - launching 01/05.

Please share, and contact us if you live or work in Cambridge, are pregnant or have given birth in the last year, have experienced mild to moderate mental health issues and would like to take part - all are welcome!

Email - [log in to unmask]

Illustrations above: by Kate Evans (black & white) & Merlin Strangeway

Maternal Journal Workshops, at Cambridge Junction, Clifton Way, Cambridge, CB1 7GX

Wednesdays in May & June: 11am - 1.30pm

  • 8th May: Hollie McNish - poet and winner of The Ted Hughes Prize for Poetry 2016
  • 15th May: Bridget Minamore - poet, critic and Creative Co-ordinator of My Body Back
  • 22nd May: Jodie Hawkes - visual artist and member of performance company Search Party
  • 29th May: Anna Furse - theatre artist, writer and academic at Goldsmiths College, London
  • 5th June: Laura Godfrey-Isaacs - visual artist, midwife and producer
The workshops are FREE. No experience is needed, and all materials and a journal will be provided - refreshments and a simple lunch are included.

Maternal Journal Cambridge is part of Motherworks Festival—a platform for a range of perspectives exploring maternal mental health and our experience of motherhood @Cambridge Junction, Sat 8th June 10am - 4.30pm.
https://www.motherworks.org.uk/events-1/motherworks-festival

Image above: Journal by Sam
Image below: Maternal Journal community members Lynn and Pia

Maternal Journal Cambridge is supported by The MotherworksUK Festival, Cambridge Junction, Arts Council England, Arts and Minds and The National Lottery Community Fund
Find Out More
Copyright © matermaljournal, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:

To unsubscribe from the MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH&A=1