Hi Laura,
 I totally understand that our role is to care for non binary and trans people, absolutely. But I personally felt this article fell out with the remit of a Midwife (or my understanding of being a Midwife). I am very open to learn and keen to hear discussion on this topic. Perhaps my interpretation on this article isn’t fully clear, as I found it very deep and medically technical (drugs). I took from this article that, the Midwives role should include caring for TNB people who many not be pregnant or not looking to become pregnant but because we care for ‘women’s anatomical parts’ that we should extend our role to include care of TNB people - out with childbearing practice. I would be grateful if you could correct me if I have misinterpreted as I did find certain parts of this article confusing (throughout I felt “ why is this aimed at Midwives”). I understand text can sound differently than how it would be spoken, so just do you know, I am asking these questions with genuine care and kindness and apologise if my earlier msg sounded harsh, I did find some of the wording concerning though.
Huge Thanks
Michelle

Sent from my iPhone