Dear list members,

I'd like to draw your attention to our Curatorial Research Internships at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, UK.

This programme provides postgraduate students with the opportunity to conduct a six-week paid internship based on a research project that relates to our themes of maritime art, history and science. It's an ideal opportunity to enhance research skills and gain experience of working in a museum environment.

From a history of science perspective we're keen to receive proposals from students with interests in the history of astronomy, cartography, navigation and horology that correspond strongly with objects in our collection.

The online collections database can searched here:
https://collections.rmg.co.uk

Full details on suggested topics and eligibility criteria can be found here:
https://www.rmg.co.uk/research-collections/curatorial-and-research-internships?hksag

The deadline for applications is 17th May 2019 with internships expected to take place at a mutually convenient time between June 2019–April 2020.

For initial enquiries, please contact [log in to unmask]

All best wishes,

Louise

Louise Devoy
Senior Curator: Royal Observatory Greenwich
https://www.rmg.co.uk/

To unsubscribe from the MERSENNE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MERSENNE&A=1