From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of James Bugslag <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:56:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] Strawberries and deceit

Hello Stephen,

I've no idea whether it's relevant, but Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights was previously known as The Strawberry Plant, or some such thing - and there's a large strawberry depicted in the central panel.  I hope you come up with something back in the 13th century.  It's always nice to have clues about the erudite Bosch.

Cheers,

Jim