Not sure if this post is allowed or not but I didn’t see anything prohibiting it in the guidance for what can and cannot be posted. Apologies if this is not the case.

Dear List Members,

I’m completing fieldwork for a new monograph to be published with Routledge in 2020: Learning, Teaching and Social Media: A Generational Approach.

It does exactly as the title suggests, using interviews and participation from educators to map any potential synergies between primary, secondary and further/higher education when it comes to the use and contextualisation of social media.

During the survey phase the majority of my respondents have, unexpectedly, come from primary education which puts my subtitle in jeopardy! J  While this is an interesting finding in itself, I wonder if I could ask for a few moments of your time to complete the survey so that I might have some more views from FE/HE on the matter?

Thanks in advance at this busy time of year (Ha! Just like any other time…)

If you’re interested, you can find the link to the anonymous survey below.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GCUlearning-teaching-and-social-media-survey

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Dr Andrew McWhirter FHEA, PhD, MLitt, BA (Hons)
Senior Lecturer in Media, Journalism and Communication; Programme Leader BA (Hons) Media and Communication | Department of Media and Journalism, Glasgow School for Business and Society

E: [log in to unmask]
 | T: +44 (0)141 331 8749 |  W: www.gcu.ac.uk
Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA,
Scotland, United Kingdom

W: My research profile

Read my latest book Film Criticism and Digital Cultures: Journalism, Social Media and the Democratization of Opinion (2016, I.B. Tauris) here:

http://www.ibtauris.com/Books/The%20arts/Film%20TV%20%20radio/Film%20Criticism%20in%20the%20Digital%20Age%20Journalism%20Social%20Media%20and%20the%20Democratization%20of%20Opinion.aspx?menuitem=%7bDFF51E2F-C0BA-4928-ACC4-415188DCDEE8%7d

In the press:

https://artplusmarketing.com/the-rise-of-the-youtube-video-essay-79289aa02458

Or my latest journal articles here: ‘Film criticism, film scholarship and the video essay’ in Screen 2015 56 (3): 369-377 here:

http://screen.oxfordjournals.org/content/56/3/369.full?keytype=ref&ijkey=CsNcBRrsYODdc75

Or here: ‘Film Criticism in the Twenty-First Century: Six Schools’ in Journalism Practice 2015 here:

http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17512786.2015.1051372

http://www2.gcu.ac.uk/media/GCU_logo_emailsig_280815.gif

Description: Description: Description: Follow us on Twitter Description: Description: Description: Join us on Facebook Description: Description: Description: Watch us on YouTube Description: Description: Description: Join us on LinkedIn  Description: Description: Description: http://www.gcu.ac.uk/media/gcalwebv2/emails/Gplus-gry.gif Description: Description: Description: http://www.gcu.ac.uk/media/gcalwebv2/emails/pin-gry.gif Description: Description: Description: http://www.gcu.ac.uk/media/gcalwebv2/emails/weibo-gry.gif Description: Description: Description: http://www.gcu.ac.uk/media/gcalwebv2/emails/yuku-gry.gif